Seymour Staffing is seeking an Industrial Engineer to join the team at our client’s manufacturing facility in Southern Georgia. Candidates need to have experience with Inventory Management and Quality Control. Must have experience in the Food Industry dealing with raw ingredients. Salary range 50K-70K depending on experience.
- Establish production labor standards through time studies and observation.
- Identify and analyze cost saving opportunities.
- Lead and coach process improvement teams.
- Monitor production lines on a regular basis to ensure they are in compliance with expectations.
- Collaborate with other departments regarding plan layouts and equipment purchases.
- Become familiar with all aspects of the facility's operations.
- Time will be split between an office setting and the production floor with more than 50% spent on the production floor.
- Drive continual improvement in quality, productivity, efficiency, and cost.
- Ensure compliance with all safety regulations.
- Partner with all departments of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience in an Engineering role is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering field, preferably Industrial or equivalent is preferred.
- Experience in meat or food processing is highly recommended.
- Experience with time studies and labor standards as well as labor and downtime reporting is highly preferred.
- Experience in a cold storage or other warehouse is a plus.
- Analytical, detail oriented, self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong math skills.
- Computer experience
- Strong spreadsheet skills and experience is a must.
- AutoCAD experience is beneficial.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment of continuous change and challenges.
- Ability to lead, motivate and develop others.
- Ability to work well with others
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk.
Seymour Staffing Mission Statement:
A company is only as good as its people. It is important to remember as the company grows, its greatest asset should grow and benefit as well. When a company has a truly great employee, that employee carries deep institutional value and knowledge that simply cannot be replaced. At the end of the day, it's not the product, service or technology that makes your company succeed, it will be great people helping your company to not only succeed, but to flourish. Seymour Staffing constantly strives for excellence by working hard to achieve our goals and encourage our staff to be honest and to honor their commitments. We believe that integrity and hard work will help us meet our commitments to our clients.
Seymour Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.