Seymour Staffing is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join the team at our client’s manufacturing facility in Kernersville, NC. Successful applicants will be required to design, integrate, or improve manufacturing systems or related processes. May work with commercial or industrial designers to refine product designs to increase productivity and decrease costs. This is for a 1st shift position. Should have a minimum of 5 years of experience.
Automation experience in manufacturing, i.e., design and implementation of high speed assembly, high speed indexing equipment, with programmable -Servo-driven controls and pneumatic cylinder speed controls.
- Computer proficiency
- Require Knowledge of metal stamping, and assembly operations
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees
- Project Management Skills with the ability to organize and manage multiple projects
- Technical skills in manufacturing processes and methods including flow, layout, assembly and production equipment
- Quality orientation and attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to effectively implement change
- Demonstrated leadership ability, including experience coaching and training others
- Strong related technical ability and good understanding of production processes and equipment (includes ability to read blue prints, math skills)
- Excellent problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft, Word, Excel, Power Point and MS Project and experience with MRP systems is an advantage
- Knowledge of AutoCAD or Solid Works
- Willing to expand skills, with education and trainings classes
- Troubleshoot new or existing product problems involving designs, materials, or processes
- Investigate or resolve operational problems, such as material use variances or bottlenecks
- Identify opportunities or implement changes to improve manufacturing processes or products or to reduce cost, using knowledge of fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment, assembly methods, quality control standards, or product design, materials and parts
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost effectiveness
- Provide technical expertise or support related to manufacturing
- Incorporate new manufacturing methods or processes to improve existing operations
- Review product designs for manufacturability or completeness
- Determine root cause of failures or recommend changes in designs, tolerances, or processing methods, using statistical procedures
- Prepare reports summarizing information or trends related to manufacturing performance
- Prepare documentation for new manufacturing processes or engineering processes
- Design layout of equipment or workspaces to achieve maximum efficiency
- Evaluate manufactured products according to specifications and quality standards
- Estimate costs, production times, or staffing requirements for new designs
- Train production personnel in new or existing methods
- Design tests of finished products or process capabilities to establish standards or validate process requirements
- Analyze the financial impacts of sustainable manufacturing processes or sustainable product manufacturing
- Purchase equipment, materials, or parts
- Read current literature, talk with colleagues, participate in educational programs, attend meetings, attend workshops, or participate in professional organizations or conferences to keep abreast of developments in the manufacturing field
- Hands on which includes periodically bend, reach, kneel, climb ladders, move and lift heavy objects
- Stand, walk or sit for up to 2/3 of time
- Overtime may be required at times
- Production environment (non-air-conditioned)
- Metal manufacturing (loud and noisy)
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Follows company standards and safety regulations, identifies unsafe conditions and make corrections when appropriate
- Minimum of 5 years in manufacturing process improvement (continuous improvement)
- Has broad engineering experience in a high volume high mix process environment
- Experienced in Project Management
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in automated pick and place systems.
- Familiar with vibratory part feeding systems.
- Experience with both servo and pneumatic actuators.
- Familiar with rotary and linear indexing systems.
- Experience with design of automated assembly systems. Experience with integrating these systems is also an added bonus.
- Familiar with automated inspection systems (vision, measurement, and part presence)
- Prefer experience with implementing and maintaining compliance to standard quality certifications such as - QS 9000/ISO9000
- Prefer experience in lean manufacturing techniques, Kaizen and Six Sigma methodology
- Prefer experience with AutoCAD, Solid Works or similar programs.
- Prefer knowledge of machine tooling design, molding.
- Prefer experience with automation
Seymour Staffing Mission Statement:
A company is only as good as its people. It is important to remember as the company grows, its greatest asset should grow and benefit as well. When a company has a truly great employee, that employee carries deep institutional value and knowledge that simply cannot be replaced. At the end of the day, it's not the product, service or technology that makes your company succeed, it will be great people helping your company to not only succeed, but to flourish. Seymour Staffing constantly strives for excellence by working hard to achieve our goals and encourage our staff to be honest and to honor their commitments. We believe that integrity and hard work will help us meet our commitments to our clients.
Seymour Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.