Seymour Staffing is seeking a Plant Engineer to join the team at our client’s manufacturing facility in Nashville, NC. Candidates will be responsible for the development of new ideas for equipment that will enhance the operation of the facility. Minimum of 5 years’ experience in food processing experience required, with experience with Beverage, Dairy, or Juice. Salary range 75K-85K depending on experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in food processing experience required, with experience with Beverage, Dairy or Juice preferred.
- Knowledgeable in the areas of fluid dynamics, thermodynamics and theory of machinery.
- Capable of producing working drawings both manually and on CAD systems.
- Competent in both design and drafting.
- Sanitary equipment design.
- Effective analytical, planning and organizational skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experienced with both managerial and financial principles.
- Adapt to frequent changes in climate, environment, workload and schedules.
- Adhere to and enforce company policies, safety procedures and good manufacturing practices.
- Supervise, direct and coordinate equipment installations, general repairs, power plant operations, building and ground maintenance.
- Continually monitor plant to ensure efficient evaporation operations.
- Monitor factory inventory of parts.
- Assure that equipment and facility are properly maintained for efficient production
- Communicate with plant management on equipment installations.
- Monitor plant fire control system and coordinate through plant maintenance.
- Make recommendations for improved efficiency of plant operations.
- Partners with members of management to accomplish objectives.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting up to 40-50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to lift arms above shoulder height repetitively for duration of shift during periods of area cleaning.
- Visual attention for inspection of equipment.
Send Resume to:
Seymour Staffing Mission Statement:
A company is only as good as its people. It is important to remember as the company grows, its greatest asset should grow and benefit as well. When a company has a truly great employee, that employee carries deep institutional value and knowledge that simply cannot be replaced. At the end of the day, it's not the product, service or technology that makes your company succeed, it will be great people helping your company to not only succeed, but to flourish. Seymour Staffing constantly strives for excellence by working hard to achieve our goals and encourage our staff to be honest and to honor their commitments. We believe that integrity and hard work will help us meet our commitments to our clients.
Seymour Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.