Quality Technician in Receiving
Seymour Staffing is seeking an Quality Technician-Receiving to join the team at our client’s manufacturing facility in Atlanta, GA. Candidates need to have experience performing inspections of incoming parts and materials as well as sub-assemblies and in-process parts. Assist other quality Technicians as work load dictates. Report non-conforming materials.
- Inspect a large variety of received materials to part descriptions and/or drawing specifications
- Inspect raw materials
- Perform sample inspections and fill out Initial Sample Inspection Reports(ISIR)
- Perform in-process inspections on parts machined, welded, and / or assembled on shop floor
- Inspect sub-assemblies assembled on shop floor
- Write nonconforming material reports on all nonconforming parts and assemblies
- File Material Test Reports, and Certificates of Conformity
- Experience using inspection tools (Caliper, Micrometer, Height Gauge, Thread Gauge, Hardness Tester, Surface Finish, etc.)
- Read drawings/blueprints
- Follow documented procedures and standards
- Clear communication skills (oral and written)
- Time management skills with ability to work independently with little supervision
- At least one-year inspection experience required
- Reading blueprints
- Layout inspections
- Use measurement equipment, ie. Digital Comparator would be desirable
- Experience using Microsoft Office, Email, PDF Editor, Etc.
- Computer experience and familiarity required.
- Some heavy lifting required.
Seymour Staffing Mission Statement:
A company is only as good as its people. It is important to remember as the company grows, its greatest asset should grow and benefit as well. When a company has a truly great employee, that employee carries deep institutional value and knowledge that simply cannot be replaced. At the end of the day, it's not the product, service or technology that makes your company succeed, it will be great people helping your company to not only succeed, but to flourish. Seymour Staffing constantly strives for excellence by working hard to achieve our goals and encourage our staff to be honest and to honor their commitments. We believe that integrity and hard work will help us meet our commitments to our clients.
Seymour Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.