Shipping and Receiving Specialist
Seymour Staffing is seeking a Shipping and Receiving Specialist to join the team at our client’s manufacturing facility in Youngsville, NC. Candidates will be responsible for handling traffic issues and paperwork to support the shipment of products. Salary is $50K.
- Must enforce all safety and housekeeping policies at all times.
- Must be a professional at all times when dealing with associates, internal or external customers, and suppliers.
- Routes truckload (TL) and less-than-truckload (LTL) shipments most economically while meeting customers’ delivery requirements and following standard operating procedures.
- Contacts customers and carriers to create and validate delivery appointments.
- Cubes trailers for proper loading of TL shipments.
- Monitors tracking and verifies delivery of shipments.
- Updates truck schedules, traffic spreadsheets, and freight rates as required.
- Prints reports and shipping documents as required.
- Files traffic paperwork and documents as required.
- Identifies and resolves problems pertaining to any shipping issues.
- Researches and completes a Corrective Action Plan (CAP) for all traffic complaints in a timely manner.
- Will be required to perform all other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
- Proficiency in MS Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate across all levels of the Company and externally with customers and suppliers.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Presentation skills with the ability to present to upper level management when necessary.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, volume and foreign currencies. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- High School Diploma and a minimum of 3 years related experience.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs.
Seymour Staffing Mission Statement:
A company is only as good as its people. It is important to remember as the company grows, its greatest asset should grow and benefit as well. When a company has a truly great employee, that employee carries deep institutional value and knowledge that simply cannot be replaced. At the end of the day, it's not the product, service or technology that makes your company succeed, it will be great people helping your company to not only succeed, but to flourish. Seymour Staffing constantly strives for excellence by working hard to achieve our goals and encourage our staff to be honest and to honor their commitments. We believe that integrity and hard work will help us meet our commitments to our clients.
Seymour Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
Pay: up to $50,000/year
Salary is $50K.</span></span></span><br>